South Seneca Middle-High Library
LMC Vision, Mission, and Goals
The SSMS/HS LMC Vision
The SSMS/HS Library Media Center, through lessons and other instruction, provides equitable access to learning tools within a safe, professional environment, and instills within all students an appreciation for reading and personal responsibility. We also strive to parallel the district’s curriculum, their vision, mission, and goals, as well as the AASL standards for the 21st century learner, in a friendly and collaborative manner, and in a way that emphasizes school libraries as crucial components of any school community.
Mission for SSMS/HS LMC Library
The mission of the A.C.S.D. libraries is to provoke within all students a critical sense of responsibility, unrivalled creativity, and a clearer understanding of themselves, differing viewpoints, other cultures, and how they shape the ever-evolving world by:
- Instilling an appreciation for reading, writing, and learning (both in the classroom and independently), as well as teaching information/technology literacy and research ethics.
- Supplying equitable and safe access to the most innovative and educationally relevant learning tools within a stable, comfortable, learning environment.
- Effectively emphasizing the usefulness of said tools, providing assistance with the tools and with research for the school community, and forming collaborative bonds with the teachers and the curriculum before, during, and after library lessons.
A.C.S.D. Library Goals
- The library instructs ethical and responsible information/technology literacy and skills.
- The library actively encourages reading and critical thinking during library lessons and school-wide /district-wide programs and events.
- The library effectively collaborates with the faculty, school curriculum, the school district, and with the community to remain a crucial center for learning, growth, and social progress.
Library Media Center Hours
The LMC will be open:
from 7:40 A.M.-2:50 P.M.
On occasion the LMC will be closed to study hall students due to scheduled research projects or events. During these events the LMC will always be open for book return and book check out.